I most recently worked as a senior engineer at Vox Media on the editorial tools team. I spent my days in Vue, working on features like concurrent editing, publishing workflows and mapping tools for sites like Eater.com.
I focus on building well-tested, bulletproof Vue components that are simple to understand, but powerful enough to enable our and other teams to create new workflows and experience in an ever evolving media landscape.
I also have past experience conducting user research and giving workshops, so I do occasionally step out from behind my computer screen.
speaking & teaching
- Podcast guest - esoteric CMS talk - Shoptalk Show - 2023
- Usability testing workshop at ACT-W - 2017
- Podcast guest - Ethics of technology - CTRL+CLICK CAST - 2017
- Co-Instructor for front end tooling course - Portland Code School - 2015
- Cohost - PushPull Podcast - 2013-2017